Mold is often a product of undetected water leaks or abandoned structures. Unchecked mold may pose a health risk – especially to young children and pets. Allergic reactions are common and often manifest the symptoms of wheezing, coughing, watery eyes, stuffy nose, and hives.
A little water can go a long way toward major damage. Water damage can become a big problem if not properly taken care of immediately. In some cases the homeowner doesn't even realize water is leaking into their basement, their ceilings or even their walls. In some instances, construction has become so energy efficient and tight that if water does seep into an area around a deck or if the flashing isn't just right, homeowners are not aware a problem exists.
Water seeps into walls, ceilings, etc. and causes serious structural problems and by the time the homeowner realizes something is wrong it's as a result of a family member becoming sick. The homeowner finds out the family's illness is due to mold. There are numerous documented cases of homes causing serious, permanent illness in both children and adults.
Mold Testing and/or Mold Sampling by a Certified Mold Inspector must be done to reveal how much and what kind of mold exists, and what needs to be done to remedy the situation. Mold Testing and/or Mold Sampling is the first step in addressing a mold problem, as the growth of mold can be hidden, leaving air and other testing the only way to find it.
As a full-service mold company we handle the abatement/remediation of the mold as well as the inspection. Our staff is trained and available at a moments notice to rescue you from mold issues.